WHAT IS AP?
What are AP classes?
- AP, or Advanced Placement, classes allow high school students to take introductory college-level academic curricula and examinations. Students can earn college credit with qualifying scores on AP exams.
WHY TAKE AP?
- AP allows students to take courses that match their personal interests and study what they want to study.
- AP offers flexibility for students to take the AP classes that work best for them.
Stand Out to Colleges
- AP classes on a high school transcript shows colleges students take their academic careers seriously and are motivated to succeed. This makes students more competitive with college applications and with financial aid and scholarships.
Earn College Credit
- Nearly all colleges and universities in the United States grant credit for qualifying AP exam scores.
Save Money and Time
- Earning college credit with AP can save money in college tuition and open up time to take other classes or graduate early.
Keep Your Options Open
- Earning college credit with AP can give students the flexibility to change majors, pursue a double major or a second degree, study abroad, or seek internships.
AP PAYMENT SCHEDULE 2022-23
- Each AP test is $96.00 for the 22/23 school year
- Payments to Mrs. Kelly Hoffmeyer in the 3rd Floor Counseling Center
- Checks made payable to CHS or exact money is requested, one check can be written for several tests
- *FRL must be filled out for the current school year and approved by 9/15/22 in order to be applied to AP test fees
- *AP fee deadline is 9/30/22