PreK Eligibility for 2023-2024 is as follows:
Child must be 4 yrs old by August 15, 2023
- Family income meets the requirements for the federal poverty guidelines.
- Family receives food stamps.
- Child is in state custody or foster care.
- Child has been previously enrolled in a Head Start program.
- Child has a sibling in school that qualified for free/reduced lunch in 2021-2022.
- Child has an IEP (Individual Education Plan)
- Child is an English Language Learner (ELL)
- Child has a parent that is deployed in active military duty
- Child is 3 on August 15, is income eligible, and turns 4 between August 16 and December 31 may be considered if space allows
If space is available, we may enroll children based upon the Community Pre-K Advisory Council priority for enrollment:
- Child has a teenage mother/father
- Low developmental screening
- Child is being raised by someone other than a biological parent
- Child receives WIC, SSI, Families First or Even Start services
Our goal is to assist families and the community in providing developmentally appropriate support and services.
- Our PreK program is not a “drop-in” program.
- Regular, on-time attendance is required by the State of Tennessee.
- PreK follows the PCSS calendar for holidays, breaks and snow days.
- Extended care between 2:00 – 2:45 pm will be provided for working parents or children enrolled in the afterschool program (SAC).
Please note: Enrollment is based upon a child’s eligibility as identified in TVA- 49-6-101-104. First priority students are those identified as economically disadvantaged. This identification is based on income levels set each year by the Department of Health and Human Services. Other enrollment eligibilities include: children with disabilities, children identified as English Language Learners, who are in state custody, or those identified as educationally at-risk due to neglect or abuse.
If space continues to be available after placing all eligible four-year-old children, income-eligible three-year-old children may be considered for placement in any of our classrooms across the district. The school system would be looking specifically at placing three-year-old children that turn four between August 16 and December 31, 2023.
*REMINDER* Any students attending Pre-K will register for Kindergarten based on the student’s residential address and not on the school of Pre-K enrollment. Zoning policies apply to Kindergarten-12th Grade students.